Thank you for everything you’re doing to reduce your carbon footprint. Scientists say it’s not too late to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to save the polar bear's sea ice habitat—and you can do your part.
First, sign our Petition for Polar Bears to ask the U.S. to show world leadership by setting a fair price on carbon. Next, check out the list compiled by PBI scientists of actions with the most impact.
You can also take the challenges in our Save Our Sea Ice Campaign. They include actions at the individual, community, and policy levels, all of which are needed to stop global warming. Several of our challenges include community action toolkits:
- Thermostat Community Action Toolkit
- Power Down Community Action Toolkit
- No Idling Community Action Toolkit
- Pedal for Polar Bears Community Action Toolkit
Why community toolkits? Check out the BIG impact of individual actions when you scale them up:
- Driving less and driving smart - transportation infographic
- Using less energy while living well - home energy use infographic
- Minor adjustments with major savings - home heating and cooling infographic
And, finally, you can donate or adopt to support efforts and join us in working to get the world’s governments to establish a fair price for carbon. Carbon-based fuels are currently less expensive than many renewables because they pass on costs to future generations. A fair price for carbon will factor in those hidden costs and make renewable energy more competitive.