Thank you for everything you’re doing to reduce your carbon footprint. Scientists say it’s not too late to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to save the polar bear's sea ice habitat—and you can do your part.
Begin by checking out the list compiled by PBI scientists of actions with the most impact.
Next, take the challenges in our Save Our Sea Ice Campaign. They include actions at the individual, community, and policy levels, all of which are needed to stop global warming. Several of our challenges include community action toolkits:
- Thermostat Challenge - Includes Thermostat Community Action Toolkit
- Power Down Challenge - Includes Power Down Community Action Toolkit
- No Idling Challenge - Includes No Idling Community Action Toolkit
- Pedal for Polar Bears Challenge - Includes Pedal for Polar Bears Community Action Toolkit
- Kilowatt Challenge
- Green House Grocery List Challenge
- Energy Challenge
And, finally, at the public involvement level, join us in working to get the world’s governments to establish a fair price for carbon. Carbon-based fuels are currently less expensive than many renewables because they pass on costs to future generations. A fair price for carbon will factor in those hidden costs and make renewable energy more competitive.