Polar Bears International is the only conservation organization whose sole passion and focus is on polar bears. We’re a nonprofit known for our cutting-edge science, inspired use of media, and relentless drive to ensure polar bears remain a part of the Arctic forever.
We envision the long-term survival of polar bears and the unique part of the world they call home. We see this iconic species roaming the sea ice for generations to come.
Our mission is to conserve polar bears and the sea ice they depend on. Through media, science, and advocacy, we work to inspire people to care about the Arctic, the threats to its future, and the connection between this remote region and our global climate.
- Serve as the global resource for information regarding polar bears and their habitat.
- Be the leading voice on climate warming impacts to polar bears and their Arctic home while actively seeking solutions through education, advocacy, and action.
- Conduct, support, and share scientific research that informs polar bear conservation.
- Educate an international audience about polar bear conservation and provide mentorship for the actions that will help ensure their survival.
- Pro-actively and effectively communicate science-based information on polar bears and their conservation.
- Maintain transparency in fiscal management and sound business policies and practices.
- Follow best environmental practices as an organization, including minimizing our greenhouse gas footprint.