(That's Save Our Sea Ice in Polar Bear Language)
Polar Bears International’s Save Our Sea Ice (SOS!) campaign focuses attention on the urgent challenges polar bears face in a changing Arctic—with longer and longer ice-free periods threatening their survival—and the part each of us can play in stopping global warming.
The campaign features a series of energy-saving efforts that begin each year on International Polar Bear Day, February 27th, and continue through the summer melt period. We’ve linked our challenges to earth awareness days, but you can launch any of these efforts at any time:
- International Polar Bear Day, February 27 - Celebrate polar bears with us every day by taking our Thermostat Challenge
- Earth Hour, March 23 - Make every hour an Earth Hour with our Power Down Effort
- Earth Day, April 22 - Celebrate Earth Day every day through our No Idling Challenge
- Endangered Species Day, May 17 - Help polar bears and other endangered species every day by Sizing Up Your Pantry
- World Oceans Day, June 8 - Take action for polar bears and the sea ice they depend on every day with our Green House Grocery List
A powerful movement for action on climate change is underway—and we're all part of the solution. Help us build momentum by taking part in the SOS campaign and sharing photos or videos of the actions you're taking on our My Planet, My Part page.