Wow. What a line-up! You're invited to meet and talk with some of the world's foremost authorities on polar bears and climate change during our free Tundra Connections® broadcasts from the Polar Bear Capital of the World! Big names. With big stories. And wild polar bears roaming outside!
This year we've added a series of short live chats in addition to our more in-depth webcasts. They're targeted to a general audience unless otherwise noted. To join, review the topics to find those best suited to you. Then register* and watch on our Polar Bear TV at the dates and times below. Questions? Check out our FAQ.
- THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23, 3 p.m. Central Time
Polar Bear Cam Live!
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24, 1 p.m. Central Time
Polar Bear Cam, Live!
- SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25, 1:30 p.m. Central Time
Polar Bear Mums and Cubs
- SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26, 11 a.m. Central Time
Polar Bear Patrol - Halloween in Churchill
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 3 p.m. Central Time
Bear Talk with Chris Morgan
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 11 a.m. Central Time
Tracking Polar Bears in Hudson Bay
- SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2 p.m. Central Time
Polar Bear Week and the Energy Challenge
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 12 p.m. Central TIme
For One, for All - conserving polar bears helps people
- SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 1 p.m. Central Time
Stressed Out Polar Bears
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 11 a.m. Central Time
A Virtual Field Trip to the Polar Bear Capital of the World
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 1:30 p.m. Central Time
Polar Bears from the Air: Drones and Satellites
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29, 12:30 p.m. Central Time
Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Can You Hear? (For Kids, K-2nd grade audience)
- THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30, 12 p.m. Central Time
Polar Bears by the Numbers + Math Challenge - We encourage you to prepare for this webcast by reading the background information on our Math Challenge, taking the survey with your class, and submitting your data. Also check out Taking It Further to dig a little deeper!
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 1 p.m. Central Time
Take the Next Step #SaveOurSeaIce
- WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 11 a.m. Central Time
Bears In a Warming World
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 10 a.m., Central Time
- Connecting Ecosystems around the World
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 12:30 p.m. Central Time
Marine Mammal Conservation and Education
- WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2:30 p.m. Central Time
The Polar Bear - Canada's Icon
*We encourage registration for the Tundra Connections webcasts so we can send a reminder and know who is joining us. The live chats are shorter and more casual and don't require registration.
We're grateful to our Platinum Sponsor, Frontiers North Tundra Buggy Adventure. Generous support has also been provided by explore.org, the philanthropic media organization and multi-media arm of The Annenberg Foundation, as part of its Pearls of the Planet initiative, a variety of live feeds that aim to help people fall in love with the world again.
Special thanks also to Julene Reed, an Apple Distinguished Educator and PBI Education Advisory Council member, who directs the Tundra Connections program, and to Parks Canada, Google Street View, Discovery Education, The Centre for Global Education, TakingITGlobal, and Canada Goose.